Welcome to Mrs. Pacchioli’s Page
Parents: Please be mindful that we have a child with a severe peanut/nut allergy in our classroom.
Important Events this week:
- Monday – School closed.
- Tuesday – Return Library books – Scientists of the Day: Vihaan & Natalie.
- Wednesday – Scientists of the Day: Jack & Ava.
- Thursday –
- FRIDAY – MARCH 26TH- HAWK WALK – ALL CHILDREN WILL WEAR GYM SHORTS OR SWEAT PANTS & HAWK WALK T-SHIRT. NO HOT LUNCH. FULL DAY.
- Looking Ahead: May 8th: Lehigh Valley Zoo; May 17th: Kindergarten Prayer Service; May 30-31: No school for Kindergarten only.
- Scholastic Book Code: HBWD3.
April 22, 2019
Happy Earth Day! Hopefully, everyone had a great day! I hope you had a joyful Easter!
Homework: Tuesday – Worksheet Wednesday and Thursday – Read together
Challenge for the Week: Practice all subtraction facts through 10.
Here is what we did last week:
RELIGION: We spent a lot of time learning about the special events during Holy Week. Thursday was dedicated to completing special “Religious” activities.
MATH: The children had fun using cubes to measure various items in our classroom. We enjoyed working with partners to compare “real life” objects in many ways.
Please continue to practice both addition and subtraction facts through 5. Your child should have rapid recall (within 5 seconds and no fingers) of all these facts.
Math Centers: Subitize to 10; Shape Design; Number Matching; Cube Building; Roll, Add, Cover using tangrams; Number puzzles; Numbers to 50; Days of the Week/Months of the Year
LANGUAGE ARTS: Theme: Good Citizens Essential Question: What do good citizens do?
Unit 9 words: help too has play where look
Unit 10 words: good who come does
Words your child must know: I, red, can, the, we, see, a, like, to, and, go, you, do, my, are, with, he, is, little, was, she, for, have, of, they, said, want, here, me, this, what, help, too, has, play, where, look, red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, black, brown, zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, square, circle, triangle, rectangle, diamond, oval
Blending Practice: joke hose home cone hope vote go no rose poke rode rope
Your child should be able to blend words containing these sounds: sh, ch, th, wh, ing.
As we continue to learn to read words fluently, I have noticed some of the children have not been practicing their “word ring” words. I can not emphasize enough how important it is that your child recognize these words by sight.
CENTERS: Computers/iPads; Sentence Work; Word Work (sound cards); ABC (Easter egg words)
SCIENCE: Our Scientists of the Day did an awesome job! They were so excited and were able to explain what they were doing. Everyone loved being part of each experiment. We look forward to our next set of Scientists.
SOCIAL STUDIES: We discussed ways in which we can be good citizens and take care of our Earth.
Thought for the week: “Without His love I can do nothing, with His love there is nothing I cannot do.”
Have a great week!
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/
UNIFORMS: All uniforms must by purchased from Flynn &O’Hara.
This is the Gym uniform which must be worn on all gym days. It may also be worn everyday during the specific times of the year.
- Boys & Girls: First day of school through October 31 and April 1 to the end of the school year: green T-shirt with school logo, black mesh shorts with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- November 1 through March 31: green T-shirt with school logo, grey sweatpants with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro). Optional: grey sweatshirt with school logo.
- GIRLS: May not wear nail polish or hoop/dangle earrings. Options from first day of school through Oct. 31 and April 1 till the end of the school year: Tan skort or shorts, green golf shirt with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers and laces/velcro.
- The following must be worn from November 1 through March 31, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Plaid jumper, white Peter Pan collar long or short sleeve blouse; dark green knee socks/tights; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch); dark green sweater is an option. Option 2: Tan pants, green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch).
- BOYS: May be worn from the first day of school through October 31 and April 1 till the end of the school year: Tan shorts; green golf shirt with school logo; white socks; all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- The following must be worn from November 1 through March 31, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Tan dress pants; green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or dark brown leather-like non-skid dress shoe.