Welcome to Mrs. Pacchioli’s Page
Have you re-registered your child for next year? If so, thank you. If not, please fill out form and return with registration fee as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support.
Important Upcoming Events
*Friday: 11:00 Dismissal. Casual Christmas spirit wear day. No uniforms.
****December 23-January 1: School is closed.
****January 2, 2020: School reopens.
*Scholastic Book Code: HBWD3.
Homework: Practice quick recall of all addition facts through 5. Complete at least 3 activities on our Reading website. Practice, practice, practice all words on your child’s word ring.
December 14, 2019
Wow! The children were so awesome singing last night! Their voices were like the angels! They all looked so adorable. I was so proud of them. I hope you were able to get some cute pictures.
Here is what we did this week:
RELIGION: We are continuing to learn more and more about preparing our hearts for Jesus’ birthday. The children are trying to be more loving and caring toward each other. We also learned about Our Lady of Guadalupe.
MATH: The children have been practicing addition facts through various activities. They are so excited when they are able to add on their own or with counters for facts higher than 5. Please be sure your child is able to quickly recall all facts through 5 without using their fingers or counters. I will be challenging each child to do this during the week of January 6th. A special reward for those who beat the clock!
Math Centers: 1) Santa Bump 2) Roll & Color 3) Addition Elves 4) Gingerbread Bump 5) Number Elves 6) Christmas Number Match 7) Christmas Adding 8) Christmas Subitizing 9) Number Trees 10) Addition Circles 11) Magnet Numbers and Words 12) iPads
LANGUAGE ARTS: This week we worked with the letter Oo. We practiced blending words that contain the vowel o. Vowels are difficult for young children. Continue to practice all sounds of the alphabet. Our next letter is Dd. We will practice blending sounds to read these words: Dot, dad, dip, Dan, did, pad.
Learning to put sounds together to form words is a very important skill. You can practice this skill by doing some of these activities orally: say the word “cat.” Have your child tell you each sound. Now, change the /c/ to /b/ and ask your child the sounds. Continue by changing the initial sound only. Next, continue this skill, but change the ending to /it/; /ot/. Once your child has successfully completed these skills, have your child orally practice saying 3-4 words that rhyme with the given part /an/, /op/, /in/. The words do not need to be “real” words. It is important for children to recognize and produce rhyming words.
Here are all the words your child should recognize by sight: I, can, the we, see, a, like, to, and, go, you, do, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple, brown, black, zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, diamond.
Language Arts Centers: iPads; Listening; Library; Sentence Work (Can you see the …?); Writing (label Santa and write a sentence); ABC (roll a word); Word Work (Christmas trees with words); Art (Grinch); Letter Art (otter)
SOCIAL STUDIES: The children learned about various symbols of Christmas.
SCIENCE: Did your child tell you about our candy cane experiment. What happens when a candy cane is placed in vinegar, warm water, or cold water? Ask your child to explain the results of our experiment.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Blessed and happy Christmas. My wish is that you and your families may spend some time together to build memories that will last a lifetime.
God Bless! Have a great week!
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/
UNIFORMS: All uniforms must by purchased from Flynn &O’Hara.
This is the Gym uniform which must be worn on all gym days. It may also be worn everyday during the specific times of the year.
- Boys & Girls: First day of school through October 31 and April 1 to the end of the school year: green T-shirt with school logo, black mesh shorts with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- November 1 through March 31: green T-shirt with school logo, grey sweatpants with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro). Optional: grey sweatshirt with school logo.
- GIRLS: May not wear nail polish or hoop/dangle earrings. Options from first day of school through Oct. 31 and April 1 till the end of the school year: Tan skort or shorts, green golf shirt with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers and laces/velcro.
- The following must be worn from November 1 through March 31, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Plaid jumper, white Peter Pan collar long or short sleeve blouse; dark green knee socks/tights; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch); dark green sweater is an option. Option 2: Tan pants, green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch).
- BOYS: May be worn from the first day of school through October 31 and April 1 till the end of the school year: Tan shorts; green golf shirt with school logo; white socks; all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- The following must be worn from November 1 through March 31, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Tan dress pants; green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or dark brown leather-like non-skid dress shoe.