Welcome to Mrs. Pacchioli’s Page
Important Upcoming Events
Wednesday: Ash Wednesday – Lent begins
Thursday: Hawk Walk letter writing in the morning. We have almost 100% participation. I am hoping to get the missing forms by Monday.
*Scholastic Book Code: HBWD3.
Homework: Practice addition facts through 5 and counting to 100. Practice printing your first and last names. Complete at least 3 activities on our Reading website. (I do receive notifications when your child signs in.)
February 22, 2020
Another busy week in K-1! So many exciting activities throughout the week. Thank you to everyone for signing up for a conference with me to discuss your child’s progress. I am looking forward to meeting with all of you.
Here is what we did this week:
RELIGION: Your child learned that a seed must first die to form new life. Through the Cross, we received new life in Baptism to live as Jesus did. We planted seeds and are waiting patiently for them to grow.
MATH: We learned to “compose” numbers above 10: 10 + 7 = 17. We also learned to “decompose” numbers above 10: 17 = 10 + 7. The children are really good with these concepts. We also practiced adding numbers using counters.
We have been identifying numbers to 100. Please listen, carefully, to your child count to 100. Some children skip numbers, and some get stuck before moving on.
MATH CENTERS: 1. Tic Tac Toe 2. Play Doh Numbers 11-20 3. Tangram pictures 4. Meet with teacher (adding numbers) 5. Bear Numbers 51-100 6. iPad Math 7. 100 Cups 8. Meet with teacher (see number 4)
LANGUAGE ARTS: We spend a lot of time working with letters, sounds, sentences, and reading together. This week, we concentrated on the short sound for “u.” Please continue to practice reading with your child every day. If your child does not bring home a book, you can practice reading something assigned for the week or choose a book to read to your child. I cannot emphasize enough, the importance for your child to be exposed to as much written language as possible.
Please help your child to blend the sounds for these words: hug get tag wet win wag
As your child continues to become a better reader, it is soooo important that you spend time listening to your child read. Many children are now sounding out or blending sounds together to read new words. Reading is a life-long skill. You and I are building the foundation for your child’s ability and love of reading. I am hoping that every child is spending time on our Reading web site. Thank you for sharing in this partnership together to bring the joy of reading to your child.
Here are all the words your child should recognize by sight: I, can, the we, see, a, like, to, and, go, you, do, my, are, with, he, is, little, was, she, for, have, of, they, said, want, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple, brown, black, zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, diamond
LANG. ARTS CENTERS: iPads; Writing; Sentence Work (2 sentences); Sound Work (Lady bugs); Letter Art (umbrellas)
God Bless! Have a great week! Thank you for choosing St. Jane School!
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/
UNIFORMS: All uniforms must by purchased from Flynn &O’Hara.
This is the Gym uniform which must be worn on all gym days. It may also be worn everyday during the specific times of the year.
- Boys & Girls: First day of school through October 31 and April 1 to the end of the school year: green T-shirt with school logo, black mesh shorts with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- November 1 through March 31: green T-shirt with school logo, grey sweatpants with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro). Optional: grey sweatshirt with school logo.
- GIRLS: May not wear nail polish or hoop/dangle earrings. Options from first day of school through Oct. 31 and April 1 till the end of the school year: Tan skort or shorts, green golf shirt with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers and laces/velcro.
- The following must be worn from November 1 through March 31, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Plaid jumper, white Peter Pan collar long or short sleeve blouse; dark green knee socks/tights; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch); dark green sweater is an option. Option 2: Tan pants, green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch).
- BOYS: May be worn from the first day of school through October 31 and April 1 till the end of the school year: Tan shorts; green golf shirt with school logo; white socks; all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- The following must be worn from November 1 through March 31, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Tan dress pants; green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or dark brown leather-like non-skid dress shoe.