Welcome to Mrs. Pacchioli’s Page
Important Upcoming Events
*Monday: Columbus Day – School closed
*Tuesday: Picture Day – All children must wear their school uniform.
*Thursday: Pretzel Day – Parent Conferences beginning at 2:30. Looking forward to meeting with each of you.
*Friday: Trip to Seiple Farms – Children must wear their gym uniform. They may wear any color sneakers. All children must pack a lunch and drink. (Hot lunch will not be available.)
*Scholastic Book Code: HBWD3.
Homework: New words coming home Tuesday: three, four, five. These words should be added to your child’s word ring and practiced on a daily basis. Practice all letters and sounds. Identify numbers 0-10. Count to 40.
Children will now be bringing home a reading book in their folder, several times a week. These books must be returned the next day, as we use them daily in our reading groups. Please be sure to keep them safe. Please do not allow any food or drink near these books.
October 11, 2019
Here is what we did this week:
RELIGION: The children learned there are several different forms of prayer. Prayer is a special way to talk to God. Some prayers are memorized, sung, or just talking to God in our hearts. We also attended the Living Rosary on Thursday.
MATH: Numbers are everywhere! Your child must be able to identify all numbers 0-10. Learning the number words is very important. We have begun to write the numbers, count objects, and identify numbers using 10-frames.
Centers: Bump; Geoboard shapes; Shape puzzles; Fall Numbers and pictures; Shape Windows; Ghost numbers; Paper shape designs; Pumpkin eraser counting; Color tangram shapes; Fall number puzzles; iPads
(The children will complete 6 Math Centers one week, and 5 more the following week.)
LANGUAGE ARTS: We will now be working in small groups to learn and practice reading skills. Each group will be reading several stories throughout the week. We will begin to practice specific skills. Next week, we will be concentrating on the letter Aa. Your child will be practicing words with the short “a” sound like in cat, ran, etc. It is so important that your child recognize all words on their word ring by sight. Be sure to mix them up. These words are included in the many stories we read.
Centers complete this week: iPads (letter practice); Listening; Writing (Halloween pictures and labels); Word Work(Scarecrow Read It, Write It, Build It with color words); Art (shape spiders -hanging in the Front Office); Stamping (Mm); ABC (upper and lowercase magnet letters); STEM (stick building); Fine Motor (pompom pictures); iPads (thyming); Classroom Library
SOCIAL STUDIES: We learned about Christopher Columbus.
SCIENCE: We talked about ways to stay safe if there is a fire. The Wilson Fire Department came for a visit.
God Bless! Have a great weekend!
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/
UNIFORMS: All uniforms must by purchased from Flynn &O’Hara.
This is the Gym uniform which must be worn on all gym days. It may also be worn everyday during the specific times of the year.
- Boys & Girls: First day of school through October 31 and April 1 to the end of the school year: green T-shirt with school logo, black mesh shorts with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- November 1 through March 31: green T-shirt with school logo, grey sweatpants with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro). Optional: grey sweatshirt with school logo.
- GIRLS: May not wear nail polish or hoop/dangle earrings. Options from first day of school through Oct. 31 and April 1 till the end of the school year: Tan skort or shorts, green golf shirt with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers and laces/velcro.
- The following must be worn from November 1 through March 31, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Plaid jumper, white Peter Pan collar long or short sleeve blouse; dark green knee socks/tights; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch); dark green sweater is an option. Option 2: Tan pants, green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch).
- BOYS: May be worn from the first day of school through October 31 and April 1 till the end of the school year: Tan shorts; green golf shirt with school logo; white socks; all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- The following must be worn from November 1 through March 31, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Tan dress pants; green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or dark brown leather-like non-skid dress shoe.