Welcome to Class 7B!
Mrs. Margie DiLollo
May 9, 2019
7th Grade Final Exam Schedule:
5/28 Tuesday: Math
5/29 Wednesday: Religion and English
5/30 Thursday: Science
5/31 Friday: Social Studies
On Monday, May 20th, there is a field trip to the Northampton County Courthouse where we will participate in Law Day. Permission forms along with $5 for transportation are due by 5/15. We will cycle through several presentations about different topics and it’s always a very interesting day. Students should wear uniforms and pack a lunch to be eaten when we return to school at 12:45. Let Miss Mello or me know if you would like to chaperone.
In religion, we will be ending our year with the chapters addressing the sanctity of human life. As I will explain to the students, the topics we address require a mature attitude: euthanasia, abortion, capital punishment, suicide, and war. I encourage the kids to continue these discussions more at home if our class time raises questions or emotions that they are trying to sort out. Some students have never considered these topics and can be a little shocked. The message they will receive in school is one that respects life from the moment of conception until natural death, in line with our Catholic church. I will do my best to answer the hard “what-if” questions that naturally arise, but this can also be an opportunity for you to carve out some time to help them understand the conflicting messages they hear in the world.
See below for RemindApp codes for my classes
- 5/8 Iron Pigs field trip, rain or shine!
- 5/11 Semi formal sponsored by Notre Dame HS for local 7th and 8th graders. See communication folder for details.
- 5/19 Notre Dame HS Open house, 12-2
- 5/20 Law Day: Permission form and $5 due by 5/15
- 5/24 Career Day (full day)
- 5/27 Memorial day, school closed
- 6/3 Monday: Field Day, held at the Church on Hartley Ave.
- 6/4 Tuesday: Noon dismissal
- 6/5 Wednesday: Noon dismissal
- 6/6 Thursday: 11:00 dismissal
- 6/7 Friday: Last day!! 8:15 Mass and 10:00 dismissal
Math Class Updates
8-1 Algebra: Finishing the year with linear equations!
7-1/8-2 Pre-Algebra: Finishing our year with geometry, Pythagorean theorem and formulas for area and volume
7-2 Math: Finishing our year with percentages and then geometry!
Remind App Codes for 2018-19
Use each code below in the message field to join a subject:
7th Grade Religion and General Announcemens: @fc74a4e
7-1 Math: @71math2018
7-2 Math: @72math201
8-1 Algebra: @81algebra2
8-2 Pre-Algebra: @82pre
8-2 Saxon: @saxon82
Extra help after school is available on an as-needed basis. Students are encouraged to ask questions in class and I am available most days after school if additional reinforcement is needed.
** In an effort to make students more accountable for their homework, some quizzes will be open notebook homework quizzes. I will reference a homework problem by page number and problem number, and students will open their notebook to the homework section and copy the problem, work, and answer. We will have already checked the homework and it is up to the student to bring any concerns to class. Homework quizzes should be easy 100%!!**
1. Show respect for each other, our school, each other’s property.
2. Be prepared with supplies, homework, and a positive attitude!
3. Pencils, pencils, pencils for math! I will not grade work done in pen. Save the pen for religion and other classes.
Have a Great Week!
- New American Bible online
- Khan Academy
- Miss Mello’s Eboard
- Chirst Our Life Chapter Review Game and Study Guide
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/