WELCOME TO MRS. PIZZUTO’S CLASSES
6B Religion, 6A & B Reading & Language Arts & 6A & B Science
In Language Arts, we are continuing our work on our Personal Narratives. This week 6-1 students will conference with me for final revisions and publish their final drafts. 6-2 students will revise their 2nd drafts for word choices and sentence fluency. It is important students come to class prepared with their binders, so they can move along each day to the next step.
There will be no spelling pages due this week. Spelling pages will be due on the 12th.
Students will receive their new Science books this week as we begin our 2nd trimester focus on Waves and their Applications.
We are continuing work in our Wonders texts and non-fiction unit. Students will be working in their reading workbooks, Literature Anthologies, journal, and reading copybooks.
After this week, we will move into expository writing. Students will write an expository news story about a historic event. Through instruction on the news story structure and investigations of sample news stories, students will understand the critical components of a news story, so that they can write their own informational news article on a selected research topic.
***The students and I would love any donations of gently used newspapers and magazines to use in the classroom.***
Upcoming Tests and Quizzes:
- Thursday, December 5th – Quiz on Jewish Passover, Christian Passover, & the Eucharist (text pgs. 90-93)
Notices and Reminders:
- Wednesday, December 4th – 1st Trimester Report Cards go home (Please return signed by Monday, 12/9/19)
- Friday, December 6th – 12:00 pm Dismissal
- Tuesday, December 10th – 8:00 am Santa Shoppe with Kindergarten buddies
- Friday, December 13th – 6: 30 pm K-3rd Christmas concert at St. Jane Church
- Friday, December 20th – 8:15 am K-8 Christmas Concert at School with an 11 am Dismissal
Online Science student texts and resources (Choose District, Pennsylvania State & Diocese of Allentown as District. Have your child enter their username and password)
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. I am always here to help!
(610) 253-8442 x30
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/