WELCOME TO 5A’s CLASS PAGE!
Things To Do
- We still have a few students each week without working headphones. Please check with your child each week as to whether or not their headphones are working as the headphones do seem to break easily.
- Every student should bring in a chapter book, to be kept at their desk for quiet reading at their desk everyday.
- Check inside the front cover of your child’s homework agenda book for any missed homework, students will have a form attached to their homework agenda book for parents to sign acknowledging the missed homework. Five missed assignments will result in an after school detention.
- Please join me on Remind App! I will post homework and quick reminders each week that I think may be useful. Download from the App Store or Google Play to your phones or mobile devices. There is no limit to the number of devices that may join. Once you download the app, click “Join a Class“. Then, enter this class code: @class5ast. Voila! You’re in!
- Religion: Students will be learning about St. Ignatius. Students will be discussing their ability to make choices and their responsibility of their choices. Religion test is scheduled for Tuesday, February 26th.
- Math: Students will be working on multiplying fractions.. renaming fractions and multiplying mixed numbers. Students may stay for extra help on Tues until 3 pm with a note. Don’t forget IXL for practice skills.
- ILA: This is a Journal Writing week, 3 entries will be due by Friday. The book reports looks amazing and we are looking forward to each student’s work being featured as our box of tissues of the week. We are excited for each box to take its place of honor and we thank you for the generous donations of tissues to help us through the allergy season I strongly believe we will see again one day. Until then the tissues are greatly appreciated for the runny winter noses.
- Science: Students will be continuing the discussion of climate, and reviewing for their Science test on Chapter 7, scheduled for this Friday, February 22nd. Students should try playing the Kahoot! I created for review at Kahoot.com using Game PIN # 287791. Two devices are needed to play so your child may have to ask to play with a friend or borrow your phone in order to try the game at home. It’s definitely worth it. Students have been given the task of creating a poster and assigned a severe weather phenomena. The assignments are due on Monday, February 25th.
Spanish Class – Please see Senora Caro-Rosado’s teacher page for updates on what is happening in Spanish class.
Week at a Glance
School Mass 8:15
Simple Solution Quiz
- Monday, February 18- President’s Day School Closed
- Tuesday, February 26- Hawk Walk letter writing day
- Friday, March 8- Stations of the Cross 1:00
- Friday, March 22-Stations of the Cross 1:00
- Friday, April 4-Stations of the Cross 1:00
- Monday: Library-every other week
- Tuesday: Gym
- Wednesday: Spanish and Art
- Thursday: Music
- Health (we have completed our Health Class for the year.)
- Friday: Computers
Fifth Grade Policies
- If your child is absent from school one day there is no need to send in for homework. If your child misses school for two or more days, please feel free to call in for homework. Please call in before eleven o’clock to allow us time to gather materials needed for your child.
Religion: Christ Our Life
Spelling: Spelling City
Scholastic’s Study Jams! (covers Math and Science)
All subjects: https://www.ixl.com/
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/