WELCOME TO 5A’s CLASS PAGE!
Please join me on Remind App! I will post homework and quick reminders each week that I think may be useful. Download from the App Store or Google Play to your phones or mobile devices. There is no limit to the number of devices that may join. Once you download the app, click “Join a Class“. Then, enter this class code: @class5ast. Voila! You’re in!
Look for us on Facebook! Fifth Grade Happenings at St. Jane School. We will post pictures of some of the fun we are having here in grade 5. This venue will allow us to post small and large quantities of photos exclusive to classes 5A & 5B. Hope to see you there!
Religion: We will have a Religion Test, Chapter 9 on Monday 12/16.
Math: We have been working on subtractiong fractions and extra help is available on Wednesday 12/18 until 3pm. Test on subtracting fractions will be on Thursday 12/19.
ILA: This is a Reading Log week 4 entries due on Friday. Students will be presenting their Śpeed Talk’ book reports this week. Students will have five minutes to introduce their book and highlight its finer points without giving away the ending in hopes of enticing other students to read the book too. Students need to decorate their desk with items to help them with the things they want to discuss, note cards may be utilized but should not be read directly for the entire presentation. Students have each been assigned a date to present their speed talk December 16-19. No Spelling this week.
Science: We have begun discussing some of the many biomes on Earth. With each biome students will receive a coloring page to complete for homework if not done in class. In addition, each page will be graded for homework and students will need to keep all these biomes pages in their Science Folder in order to have them ready when it is time to add them all to their final biome project we will create in class for another project grade. Each time a new biome is discussed in class I will assign students to reread the information presented in class and their notes for homework online Ducksters for Kids in order to be prepared for a possible quiz. https://www.ducksters.com/science/ecosystems/world_biomes.php
Week at a Glance
Monday: No Library
Religion Test Chapter 10
Wednesday: Reading Test
Thursday: Math Test Subtracting Fractions
- Thursday, December 19 – Mass 8:15
- Friday, December 20 – Dismissal 11:00 Christmas Vacation
- Tuesday, December 24 – Christmas Eve Mass at 4:30 in the Chapel
- Thursday, January 2 – School Reopens
- Thursday, January 9 -School Mass 8:15 and 7th grade NJHS Installation
- Thursday, January 9 – pretzel day
- Thursday, January 16 – School Mass 8:15 and pretzel day
- Monday, January 20 – Martin Luther King Day School Closed
- Wednesday, January 22- Mid-2nd Trimester Progress Reports go home.
- Thursday, January 23 – School Mass 8:15 and pretzel day
- Sunday, January 26 – 10:30 am Catholic Schools Week Opening Mass/ 12-2 pm Open House/ 12-2 pm Scholastic Book Fair/ 1 pm Band Concerto/ 2-4 pm Indoor Carnival
- Monday, January 27 – Food Drive/ 8-11 am Danceathon
- Tuesday, January 28 – 8:15 am 5th Grade Vocabulary Parade and 9:30-10:30 Open House and Religion Bee Grade 1 an 2 at 1 pm
- Wednesday, January 29 – Proud to be a JANER Day – NO Homework!
- Thursday, January 30 – National Geographic Geography Bee 8-10 am/ Religion Bee Grade 3 and 4 at 11 am/ OPEN HOUSE 5-6 pm/ Scholastic Book Fair 4-6 pm
- Friday, January 31 – School Mass 8:15/ STEM Assembly in gym 9:15-10:00/ Rollerskating at Bushkill Park 4-6 pm/ Charity Basketball Games 6 pm girls game and 7pm boys game
- Monday: Library-every other week
- Tuesday: Computers
- Wednesday: Physical Education and Music
- Thursday: Spanish and Health (first half of the year)
- Friday: Art
Fifth Grade Policies
- If your child is absent from school one day there is no need to send in for homework. If your child misses school for two or more days, please feel free to call in for homework. Please call in before eleven o’clock to allow us time to gather materials needed for your child.
Religion: Christ Our Life
Spelling: Spelling City
Scholastic’s Study Jams! (covers Math and Science)
All subjects: https://www.ixl.com/
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/