WELCOME TO 5A’s CLASS PAGE!
Things To Do
- Each week please be sure your child has working headphones, a chapter book handy and any missing homework notices inside the front cover of their homework book signed.
- Religion: We will be having a test Monday on Chapter 18. We will be having a retreat day on Holy Thursday in class.
- Math: Students will continue to take a quiz each day to help maintain skills we have worked on this year with a heavy focus on fractions. Students will take the test on multiplying and dividing decimals on Wednesday, April 17th. Extra help is available on Tuesday until 3:00 with a note for decimal as well as fraction review.
- ILA: There will be no Reading Log or spelling words this week. April is National Poetry Month and students have been given the task of memorizing a poem this month to present to the class. We will soon begin scheduling dates to present. Many students have been excited to take on this task and may volunteer to present their poems first, after Easter break. All others will be given a date of May 1st or soon after.
- Science: All Science boards for the Science experiment project are due in school this Monday, April 15th. We will continue our look into Chapter 11 Forces in Motion. Students have begun writing vocabulary for this chapter in their notebooks and should be studying each night as we go along in this chapter, there will be quizzes along the way so don’t leave studying vocabulary for the end of our Chapter. We will also be working on a Simple Machines project using Google Slides during our class time this week.
Spanish Class – Please see Senora Caro-Rosado’s teacher page for updates on what is happening in Spanish class.
Week at a Glance
Too Good for Drugs
Math Test Chapter 9
- Thursday, April 18- Dismissal 11:00
- Friday, April 19- Monday April 22, School Closed
- Thursday, April 25- Pretzel Day
- Friday, April 26- Full Day. Hawk Walk today! Begins with Prayer Service 8:00 a.m. and ends with lunch and movies in the classroom.
- Wednesday, May 1- 5th grade trip to Franklin Institute
- Monday, May 20 – Colonial Days
- Friday, May 24, changed noon dismissal to FULL DAY.
- Thursday, June 6- changed 10 am to 11:00 Dismissal
- Friday, June 7- added 10:00 Dismissal
- Monday: Library-every other week
- Tuesday: Gym
- Wednesday: Spanish and Art
- Thursday: Music
- Health (we have completed our Health Class for the year.)
- Friday: Computers
Fifth Grade Policies
- If your child is absent from school one day there is no need to send in for homework. If your child misses school for two or more days, please feel free to call in for homework. Please call in before eleven o’clock to allow us time to gather materials needed for your child.
Please join me on Remind App! I will post homework and quick reminders each week that I think may be useful. Download from the App Store or Google Play to your phones or mobile devices. There is no limit to the number of devices that may join. Once you download the app, click “Join a Class“. Then, enter this class code: @class5ast. Voila! You’re in!
Religion: Christ Our Life
Spelling: Spelling City
Scholastic’s Study Jams! (covers Math and Science)
All subjects: https://www.ixl.com/
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/