Welcome to Fourth Grade!
During Lent, my students chose to give up a snack or 2 per week and give that money to the poor (similar to Rice Bowl). Jacob and I gave the collection to the Monsignor Radocha on Good Friday services. We collected over $60! How wonderful are my students?
- State Report was handed out. Please make sure you are checking in with your child on their progress! The final copy must be neat and carefully completed, following ALL directions. Due Thursday, April 25.
- Everyone needs to choose at least a 150 page fiction novel for a book report. No graphic novels or books based on television shows or movies. I need to approve all books. All books due by May 1. Directions will be sent home soon. All reports due Friday, May 24.
- Career Day is May 24. Do you want to share you career with us? Please sign up. See communication folder for details.
- We have 100% participation for Hawk Walk! This means 5 dress down days! To make it easy to remember, we will choose every Tuesday in April; so April 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 will be 4B’s dress down days!
- Does your child have pencils, red pens, black erasable pens, index cards, and all needed art supplies? Start them off right for the third trimester! Go shopping if needed 🙂
- Please be aware that phone conversations can now be recorded. Voice messages are also transcribed and sent to teachers’ email accounts.
Wed., April 24- Math- fractions test (equivalent, lowest terms, comparing fractions, and mixed numbers)
Tuesday, April 23- 4B Free Dressdown
Thursday, April 25- Pretzel Day/ STATE PROJECT DUE
Friday, April 26- Hawk Walk!!!!!! Full day of school! BRING YOUR LUNCHES- NO HOT LUNCH WILL BE SERVED! Wear Hawk Walk shirts or gym shirt, and gym shorts or gym pants
Thursday, May 2- May Procession
Friday, May 3- CYO Golf outing
Thursday, May 9- 4th grade bonding day with Notre Dame HS (details coming)
Friday, May 24- CAREER DAY! Please consider registering and speaking about your career with 4b and some other classes. THANK YOU!
Friday, May 31- Zoo Trip for 4th grade
Homework: Week of April 22, 2019
Weekend homework: STATE PROJECT DUE THURSDAY, APRIL 25
Monday: Work on State project; due Thursday
Math- fraction test
Simple Sol.- Lesson 99
Eng.- wb 66
Social Studies- State project due Thursday
Simple Solutions- Lesson 100
Eng.- wb 67
State project due tomorrow
Health- Is there any work due tomorrow?
ENg.- wb 68
HAWK WALK TOMORROW!
Email me: email@example.com
Monday- library (every other Monday)
Wednesday- gym and music
Thursday- Spanish/ Health starts Mid-January
- Follow directions the first time.
- Raise your hand.
- Wait your turn.
- Respect others with your words and actions.
- Complete your homework on time.
- BE KIND IN ALL SITUATIONS.
- ALWAYS TRY YOUR BEST.
If you can be anything, be kind.
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/