Welcome to Mr. Dicker’s 2B Class Page!
Dear 2B Families,
It’s hard to believe that we are at the end of another school year! It has been such a blessing to spend this year together with your children. I have witnessed each student grow immensely – spiritually, academically, and socially. As my students move on to third grade, I know that their futures are very bright. I would like to thank you for your support this year. Your donations to our classroom, your time spent volunteering, and your words of encouragement have all helped to make this year a success. I hope to see you at church this summer and around school in the fall. Have a fun and safe summer!! May God bless you always!!
Notices and Reminders:
- Virtual Field Day: Click here to check out Mr. McGarvey’s activities for Virtual Field Day. The weather this week is looking beautiful, and the whole family can join in the fun!! Remember to send some pictures or videos to Mrs. Okula 😀
- Closing Ceremony and End of Year Awards: Click here to register for this event which will be held on Thursday, June 4 at 10:00 AM.
- Report Card Distribution will take place on Friday, June 5 and Tuesday, June 9. Please refer to Mrs. Okula’s weekly email for your designated time. Also, if you borrowed a chromebook from school, please return it at this time. Thank you!
- End of Year Visit: On Sunday, June 7, I’ll be stopping by your homes to return a few things to the kids and say good-bye for the summer. Hope to see you then!
- Zoom: You can access my Zoom “classroom” by clicking here or by logging into Zoom, clicking on “Join a Meeting,” and then entering this number: 455-113-0143.
SJF Communication Folder: Please refer to the Weekly Communication Folder for additional school information.
Scholastic Book Club: Class Code PHZBX. Order online or send in check (payable to Scholastic Books) with order form.
Summer Learning Opportunities:
Grow closer to Jesus this summer 🙂
- Remember to say your prayers each day.
- Go to Mass on Sundays or Saturday evenings.
- Try to go to Confession at least once later this summer.
Keep your math skills sharp this summer 🙂
- Practice Multiplication Facts 0-5.
- Keep practicing Addition and Subtraction Facts up to 20.
- Work on Rapid Recall … Students should be able to answer in 3 seconds or less.
- Create and solve some word problems.
Read a good book this summer 🙂
- Practice reading aloud with fluency, expression, and intonation.
- Retell what you read in sequence.
- Who are the characters? Where / when is the setting? What is the plot?
- Summarize what you read.
Practice your cursive handwriting this summer 🙂
Spend time with family and friends … rest, relax, have fun, and be safe!!!
Religion: LoyolaPress Grade 2 Religion Resources
ABCya! Second Grade Games and Apps Math, Language Arts, Reading, and more
Sadlier-Oxford Math Grade 2 Practice Skills, Math Minutes
NCTM Illuminations Math Interactives