Welcome to Mrs. Kelton’s 2A Class Page!
Dear 2A Families,
I can’t believe we are at the end of the school year! It has been such a blessing to watch your children grow in so many ways: physically, spiritually, academically, and socially! I would like to thank you for your support throughout this past year. Please know how much I appreciated all your donations, your time volunteering, gifts, cards, and your kind words. Parents like you is what makes St. Jane’s School so special!! I hope to see you at church this summer and around school in the fall. Have a fun and safe summer!! May God bless you always!!
Notices and Reminders:
- Virtual Field Day: Click here to check out Mr. McGarvey’s activities for Virtual Field Day. The weather this week is looking beautiful, and the whole family can join in the fun!! Remember to send some pictures or videos to Mrs. Okula 😀
- Closing Ceremony and End of Year Awards: Click here to register for this event which will be held on Thursday, June 4 at 10:00 AM.
- Report Card Distribution will take place on Friday, June 5 and Tuesday, June 9. Please refer to Mrs. Okula’s weekly email for your designated time. Also, if you borrowed a chromebook or I Pad from school, please return it at this time. Thank you!
- Zoom: Click here to access my Zoom meeting or by logging into Zoom, clicking on “Join a Meeting” and typing in my ID Number 889-925-5509
SJF Communication Folder: Please refer to the Weekly Communication Folder for additional school information.
Scholastic Book Club: Class Code GTNWX. Order online or send in check (payable to Scholastic Books) with order form.
Summer Learning Opportunities:
Grow closer to Jesus this summer 🙏
- Remember to say your prayers each day.
- Go to Mass on Sundays or Saturday evenings.
- Try to go to Confession at least once this summer.
- Read over and do some of the activities at the end of your Religion Book.
Keep your math skills sharp this summer 🙌
- Practice Multiplication Facts 0-5.
- Make sure your addition and subtractions facts to 20 are memorized.
- Work on Rapid Recall … Students should be able to answer in 3 seconds or less.
- Create and solve some word problems.
- Do the Extra Practice pages at the end of your Math Book to review each chapter.
Read a good book this summer 🙂
- Practice reading aloud with fluency, expression, and intonation.
- Retell what you read in sequence.
- Who are the characters? Where / When is the setting? What is the plot?
- Summarize what you read.
- Complete the unfinished Phonics pages in your Phonics Book.
Write every day! Use cursive!! 👍
- Start your own journal if you have a spare notebook at home
- Make book reports about the stories you’re reading
- Practice your Cursive Handwriting
Spend time with family and friends … rest, relax, have fun, and be safe!!! 😎
Mrs. Kelton 💖
Religion: LoyolaPress Grade 2 Religion Resources
ABCya! Second Grade Games and Apps Math, Language Arts, Reading, and more
Sadlier-Oxford Math Grade 2 Practice Skills, Math Minutes
FirstInMath (log in, reinforce and enhance math skills and concepts)