Welcome to Mrs. Kelton’s 2A Class Page!
- Zoom: Click here to access my Zoom meeting or by logging into Zoom, clicking on “Join a Meeting” and typing in my ID Number 889-925-5509 (password will be sent to you)
- To Join REMIND: Click here
Important Dates and Information:
- Wednesday, April 14th – Blue & Gold Dress Down Day for $1.00 to help support Notre Dame High School
- Thursday, April 15th: Spring Picture Day – Smile!😊
- Monday, April 19th – Thursday, April 22nd: IOWA Standardized Testing
- Friday, April 23rd: Scholastic Book Order Due
- Saturday, April 24th: First Holy Communion! 🙏
- Friday, April 30th: 12:00 Dismissal – Teacher In-Service
Notices and Reminders:
- Ask your child if they need a roll of paper towels, wipes, and sanitizer for their desk. Also, don’t forget to pack a towel or placemat to cover their desk for snack and lunch.
- Mrs. Blasi would like the children to bring gloves for Gym Class – our class is 8:00 A.M. Don’t forget a jacket for recess. We go out at 11:30 A. M. for 25 minutes.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that I receive an excuse note with the date and reason for your child’s absence when he/she returns to school.
SJF Communication Folder: Please refer to the Weekly Communication Folder for additional school information.
Scholastic Book Club: Class Code GTNWX. Order online or send in check (payable to Scholastic Books) with order form.
April book orders due Friday, April 23rd
Chapter 21: We Receive the Bread of Life – This week we will discuss how Jesus comes to us in Holy Communion and unites us with Himself and with one another.
Chapter 10: Fractions – This week we will identify different fractions, compare fractions, and order fractions from least to greatest and greatest to least.
Unit 5 Week 3 –
Essential Question: What do heroes do?
Close Reading of Complex Text: Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text, describe the connection between historical events, and identify the main purpose of a text.
Writing: Draw evidence from informational texts.
Speaking and Listening: Engage in collaborative discussions about heroes.
Content Knowledge: Explore the importance of an individual’s actions.
Conventions: Use possessive pronouns and capitalize proper nouns.
Develop Oral Vocabulary: competing, inspired, limited, overcome, refused
Acquire and Use Academic Vocabulary: agree, challenging, discover, heroes, interest, perform, study, succeed
Phonics: Introduce and blend words with variant vowels / ü /, / ù /
Spelling: room, flu, June, new, glue, fruit, crook, could, full, push, point, coin, along, ever, strong
High Frequency Words: air, along, always, draw, during, ever, meant, nothing, story, strong
A detailed summary is sent home with your child every Friday. Save that weekly outline to review for Friday’s Spelling and Reading Test.
HOMEWORK: Week of 4/12/21
- Religion – p. 155
- Math – p. 258
- Spelling – p. 117
- Religion – pp. 156-157
- Math – p. 128
- Spelling – p. 118
- Religion –
- Math – p. 129
- Spelling – p. 119 & Study for Pretest
- Sign & Return Test Folders
- Religion –
- Math – p. 130
- Grammar- 119
- Spelling – Study for Test
- Monday: Gym
- Tuesday: Art
- Wednesday: Computers & Music
- Thursday: Health
Please send a cloth napkin or t-towel to cover your child’s desk at snack and lunch time. Snack should be limited to 1 item that your child is able to open without assistance. Please be sure that the snacks are peanut and tree nut free due to student allergies.
Hot lunch program began after Labor Day, Tuesday, September 8th. Please be sure that packed lunches are peanut and tree nut free due to student allergies. We will be eating lunch in our classroom.
Please send in a written note if your child will be dismissed differently than indicated the first week of school.
Please see the school website for more information.
Mrs. Kelton 💖
Religion: LoyolaPress Grade 2 Religion Resources
https://www.abcya.com/grades/ Math, Language Arts, Reading, and more
Sadlier-Oxford Math Grade 2 Practice Skills, Math Minutes
FirstInMath (log in, reinforce and enhance math skills and concepts)