Welcome to Mrs. Kelton’s 2A Class Page!
Dear 2A Families,
I can’t believe we are at the end of the school year! It has been such a blessing to watch your children grow in so many ways: physically, spiritually, academically, and socially! I would like to thank you for your support throughout this past year. Please know how much I appreciated all your donations, your time volunteering, gifts, cards, and your kind words. Parents like you is what makes St. Jane’s School so special!! I hope to see you at church this summer and around school in the fall. Have a fun and safe summer!! May God bless you always!!
Notices and Reminders:
- Zoom: Click here to access my Zoom meeting or by logging into Zoom, clicking on “Join a Meeting” and typing in my ID Number 889-925-5509
SJF Communication Folder: Please refer to the Weekly Communication Folder for additional school information.
Scholastic Book Club: Class Code GTNWX. Order online or send in check (payable to Scholastic Books) with order form.
Summer Learning Opportunities:
Grow closer to Jesus this summer 🙏
- Remember to say your prayers each day.
- Go to Mass on Sundays or Saturday evenings.
- Try to go to Confession at least once this summer.
- Read over and do some of the activities at the end of your Religion Book.
Keep your math skills sharp this summer 🙌
- Practice Multiplication Facts 0-5.
- Make sure your addition and subtractions facts to 20 are memorized.
- Work on Rapid Recall … Students should be able to answer in 3 seconds or less.
- Create and solve some word problems.
- Do the Extra Practice pages at the end of your Math Book to review each chapter.
Read a good book this summer 🙂
- Practice reading aloud with fluency, expression, and intonation.
- Retell what you read in sequence.
- Who are the characters? Where / When is the setting? What is the plot?
- Summarize what you read.
- Complete the unfinished Phonics pages in your Phonics Book.
Write every day! Use cursive!! 👍
- Start your own journal if you have a spare notebook at home
- Make book reports about the stories you’re reading
- Practice your Cursive Handwriting
Spend time with family and friends … rest, relax, have fun, and be safe!!! 😎
Mrs. Kelton 💖
Religion: LoyolaPress Grade 2 Religion Resources
ABCya! Second Grade Games and Apps Math, Language Arts, Reading, and more
Sadlier-Oxford Math Grade 2 Practice Skills, Math Minutes
FirstInMath (log in, reinforce and enhance math skills and concepts)