October 18-22, 2021
- Thursday, October 21: The Pumpkin Patch comes to St. Jane’s! Everyone will get a pumpkin!
- Friday, October 29- 12:00 Dismissal. Snack only, no lunch.
- Just a reminder: The NUT cards from Mrs. Okula can not be used on a Friday.
- The Scholastic Book Order for September is delayed. I will let you know when the order ships.
- Winter Dress Code begins November 1.
This Week in First Grade:
Chapter 6: God Speaks to Us
God Speaks to Us in the Bible: Relate written words to the person who wrote them, describe how the Bible is the Word of God, express reverence for God’s word.
God Speaks to Us Through Helpers: Explain that Jesus wants people to help care for children, role-play ways adults care for and help them, demonstrate an understanding of the key concepts in this chapter.
Assessment of all skills learned in Unit 1. Wonders Unit 1 test will be given over the course of 3 days (Tues-Thurs). Assessment on sentences will be given on Friday.
Writing: Begin Diocesan writing assignment #1: Acrostic Poem.
Handwriting / Centers / Journal
Subtract from 9,10,11,12 in horizontal and vertical form, demonstrate knowledge of lessons 1-7, use a number line to count back from 12 to subtract.
Monday: Math- page 36 / Phonics- pages 77-78
Tuesday: Math- page 37 / Phonics- pages 93-94
Wednesday: Test Folder / Math- page 38 / Phonics- pages 123-124
Thursday: Math- page 40 / Religion- study for Ch. 6 test / Grammar- review for sentence test
Tests for the Week
Tuesday: Unit 1, Reading (part 1)
Wednesday: Unit 1, Reading (part 2)
Thursday: Unit 1, Reading (part 3)
Friday: Religion- Ch. 6 / Grammar- sentences (punctuation)
Tuesday- Library and Spanish (EOW)
Friday- Music and Computers