During this uncertain time, always remember that God is everywhere.
Online Learning for First Grade- 1A
Zoom Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8444899025
ASCENSION THURSDAY MASS MAY 21, 2020 AT 10:00 A.M.
Bishop Schlert will be offering a special Mass for our students on Ascension Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. The Bishop has asked that all schools to designate this time for this Mass so that all students can attend. Please be sure to tune in. It will be available to view here:
Live on AD Today: www.ad-today.com/live
Live on Diocese YouTube Channel
Live on Diocese Facebook page
What we are learning this week:
May 18, 2020
Unit 6 Week 5
Essential Question: Why do we celebrate holidays?
Oral Vocabulary: pride, display, design, purpose, represent; nation, unite
Word Work: r controlled vowels air, are, ear; fair, pair, bear, wear, spare, share, three, splash, favorite, surprise; high frequency words- favorite, few, gone, surprise, wonder, young
Comprehension: Strategy- cite relevant evidence from text; Skill- determine author’s purpose; retell the text;. Genre- Nonfiction
Fluency: Appropriate phrasing
Writing: What does Memorial Day mean to you?.
Grammar and Mechanics: ; Adverbs that tell how, metaphors
Reading Groups:Leveled/Decodable Readers; RWW-Share the Harvest and Give Thanks; LA- Happy Birthday, USA!; A Young Nations Grows; Interactive Read Along-Celebrate the Flag
Lessons: 9.8 Capacity: Nonstandard Units, 9.9 Cups and Pints, 9.10 Cups, Pints, Quarts, 9.11 Weight: Nonstandard Unit, 9.12 Weight: Pounds
TSWBAT estimate capacity using nonstandard units, identify cup, pint, quart as a standard customary unit for measuring capacity, compare capacities, estimate and measure weight in nonstandard units, identify pound as a standard customary unit for measuring weight, estimate and measure weight in pounds.
Online Learning Format:
Morning Meeting: We will continue our Morning Meeting format
- Take attendance
- Morning prayers and salute the flag
- Review our Phonics/Spelling Words
- Review what we will be doing this week/today
- This Morning Meeting should last roughly 20-30 minutes.
- One video per week on the following topics
- High Frequency Words/ Oral Vocabulary
- Science/Social Studies (alternating each week)
- Daily videos on the following topics
- All videos will be approximately 15 minutes in length and can be viewed at the convenience of the family once they are posted.
- All assignments will continue to be posted under their appropriate topics on the Google Classroom.
- All assignments can be located in the workbooks or as an activity. There will be no need to print anything.
- Once the daily/ weekly assignments are completed, please click “Mark as Done”. We trust that you are working with your children and they are completing the assignments.
- No work will need to be scanned and turned in, unless noted.
- Reading Groups will continue during the times previously noted.
- All reading activities will take place during reading group time
- We encourage you to have your children participate in the optional extra help sessions.
- These sessions are used to answer questions and reinforce skills.
- Students will be assessed by the following:
- Participation during group activities
- Informal assessment through discussion in groups
- Completion of assignments
- On Fridays, Mrs. Mitcheltree will post videos on lessons on either Science or Social Studies- alternating the subject weekly.
- A fun activity will accompany each lesson and will be posted in the Google Classroom.
- In lieu of Centers, various optional enrichment activities will be made available to families in subject areas including, but not limited to:
- Word Work
- Listening Comprehension
- Social Studies
These optional activities can be completed at the leisure of the family.
Communication with Teachers
- Please communicate with teachers through their @stjaneschool.com email accounts. Teachers will not be checking emails connected to the Google Classroom.
- Mrs. Mitcheltree- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Bozzi- email@example.com
Teachers will remain available through the Remind App, as well, during the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm.
Online Learning Schedule
|Time||Monday thru Thursday||Time||Friday|
|8:30-9:00||Morning Meeting||8:30-9:00||Morning Meeting|
|10:30-10:50||Incredible Super Readers||9:15-10:00||Weekly Review- Incredible Super Readers|
|10:55-11:15||Reading Rockstars||10:00-10:45||Weekly Review- Reading Rockstars|
|10:45-11:30||Weekly Review-Marvelous (MVLS) Readers|
|11:30-12:00||Class Social Time (optional)||11:30-12:15||Weekly Review- Super Star Readers|
|1:00-1:20||Marvelous (MVLS) Readers|
|1:25-1:45||Super Star Readers|
ELA/Math Open Help (Optional)
Visit www.clubs.scholastic.comto order books for your child!
Stay tuned for more information….
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/