Welcome to Mrs. Pacchioli’s Page
I can’t believe it is already July! I hope everyone is having a great summer! I am so excited to begin a new school year. I am looking forward to seeing you and your child in August. There are only two school supplies that you need to purchase at this time – a regular sized school bag (no wheels, please) and a lunch box. All other supplies will be given to your child in school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the School Office and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Here are some very important dates: ✏ 🖍
- Monday, July 30: Open House for any child who is registered for, or interested in attending our Kindergarten for the school year 2018-2019. 9:00-10:00 AM: Muffins in the Morning; 6:30-7:30 PM: Pajama Party. Come enjoy a story, snack, and classroom toys. We are excited to see you!
- Monday, August 6: Kindergarten Screening for any child who was not screened in May.
- Monday, August 13: 6:30 PM – Kindergarten Parent Meeting – Come meet your chid’s teacher and learn important information about your child’s Kindergarten year. This meeting is for parents only, please find child care for your child.
- Monday, August 27: 9:00-10:00 AM -Meet and Greet- Bring your child to school to see our classroom and complete some fun activities.
- Tuesday, August 28: First Day of School for Kindergarten!
See you soon!
Mrs. Pacchioli 😎
Did you know…Phonemic Awareness is done orally and without print. Phonemic awareness is the knowledge that words are made up of individual sounds. It is also the knowledge of how to manipulate these sounds through blending the sounds, rhyming, syllables, and segmenting the sounds.
Phonics is the connection between sounds and letter symbols. Children start by learning the individual sounds letters can make. They progress toward looking for patterns within words and how combinations of letters produce various sounds.
Fluencyis a reader’s ability to read with expression, accuracy, and speed. Not only do readers need to be able to recognize and decode words, they must also understand the words as they are being read.
UNIFORMS: All uniforms must by purchased from Flynn &O’Hara.
This is the Gym uniform which must be worn on all gym days. It may also be worn everyday during the specific times of the year.
- Boys & Girls: First day of school through October 14 and April 15 to the end of the school year: green T-shirt with school logo, black mesh shorts with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- October 15 through April 14: green T-shirt with school logo, grey sweatpants with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers(including laces/velcro). Optional: grey sweatshirt with school logo.
- GIRLS: May not wear nail polish or hoop/dangle earrings. Options from first day of school through Oct.14 and April15 till the end of the school year: Tan skort or shorts, green golf shirt with school logo, white socks, all white sneakers and laces/velcro.
- The following must be worn from October 15 through April 14, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Plaid jumper, white Peter Pan collar long or short sleeve blouse; dark green knee socks/tights; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch); dark green sweater is an option. Option 2: Tan pants, green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or brown leather-like non-skid dress shoes(heels no higher than one inch).
- BOYS: May be worn from the first day of school through October 14 and April 15 till the end of the school year: Tan shorts; green golf shirt with school logo; white socks; all white sneakers(including laces/velcro).
- The following must be worn from October 15 through April 14, but may be worn at any other time during the year: Tan dress pants; green golf shirt with school logo; brown, dark green, or tan socks; black or dark brown leather-like non-skid dress shoe.