WELCOME TO 5A’s CLASS PAGE!
I hope everyone is as excited as I am to be here at St. Jane School and looking forward to an amazing year in Class 5A!
Please join me on Remind App! I will post homework and quick reminders each week that I think may be useful. Download from the App Store or Google Play to your phones or mobile devices. There is no limit to the number of devices that may join. Once you download the app, click “Join a Class“. Then, enter this class code: @class5ast. Voila! You’re in!
Things To Do
- Please be sure your child has a working set of headphones for computer work. Students need headphones not just for computer class but for working on chrome books most days.
- Every student should bring in a chapter book, to be kept at their desk for quiet reading.
- Clear contact paper to cover student Bibles when sent home.
- Bring in 5 book socks to cover textbooks.
Week of September 17-21
- Religion: Students will be discussing how Jesus calls us to worship. How we worship Jesus by imitating his life of prayer, loving service and sacrifice. They will explain grace as a share in God’s life and learn how Jesus worshiped the Father as well as categorize the Sacraments of Service of Communion, Initiation and Healing.
- Math: Students will continue with a review of the Properties of Addition and Rules of Subtraction. They will estimate sums and differences with front end estimation as well as estimation by rounding. Students will also be working on addition of three or more addends. Students should be reviewing their math multiplication facts at home as much as possible.
- ILA: Students will receive a new list of spelling words and will be required to complete at least three activities either on spellingcity.com or in the spelling packets in their folder before the test on Friday. Students will be memorizing and identifying prepositions and prepositional phrases. We will continue to discuss what makes a good personal narrative with a focus on considering audience and voice when writing their own personal narrative.
- Science: Students will continue to understand what scientists do and will work on creating their own hypothesis for different questions within the Scientific Method. Students will be creating their own experiments and identifying their controls and variables within their experiment. They will analyze their data and share results. There will be a review of Chapter One vocabulary and concepts before a test this Friday.
- Thursday, September 20 – 8:10 Mass, IHM Chapel; 9:00 Confessions
- Friday, September 30 – 2018 Diocesan Family Festival 11:00 – 3:00 at Bethlehem Steel Stacks
- Monday: Library-every other week
- Tuesday: Gym
- Wednesday: Spanish and Art
- Thursday: Music and Health (first half of the year)
- Friday: Computers
Fifth Grade Policies
- If your child is absent from school one day there is no need to send in for homework. If your child misses school for two or more days, please feel free to call in for homework. Please call in before eleven o’clock to allow us time to gather materials needed for your child.
Religion: Christ Our Life
Spelling: Spelling City
Scholastic’s Study Jams! (covers Math and Science)
All subjects: https://www.ixl.com/
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/