WELCOME TO 5A’s CLASS PAGE!
Things To Do
- Check homework agenda book for any missed homework, students will have a form attached to their homework agenda book for parents to sign acknowledging the missed homework. Five missed assignments will result in an after school detention.
- Please check with your child as to whether or not they have working headphones, if they covered their textbooks with book socks or if they need to bring home their bible to cover with clear contact paper.
- Every student should bring in a chapter book, to be kept at their desk for quiet reading.
- Please join me on Remind App! I will post homework and quick reminders each week that I think may be useful. Download from the App Store or Google Play to your phones or mobile devices. There is no limit to the number of devices that may join. Once you download the app, click “Join a Class“. Then, enter this class code: @class5ast. Voila! You’re in!
- Religion: We will begin our work on Chapter 8. Students will discuss how when God speaks to us through the scriptures we are invited to respond and how we are invited to respond and how to apply God’s word to our daily lives.
- Math: Don’t stop studying those math facts! We will begin work on Chapter 4, working on identifying prime and composite numbers, finding the Greatest Common Factors and finding equivalent fractions. Students have been writing in their Math copybook some reviews for Simple Solutions, starting at the back of their notebook. Hopefully, this will be quick access for them when working on their Simple Solutions if they need help recalling information while working on a particular question.
- ILA: This is a Journal Writing week, 3 entries due by Friday. Students should restate the chosen prompt with an answer, give three reasons and a closing sentence. Students should focus on reading their Newberry Medal books if they have not yet finished reading their book. Students have been given a date to present their Book Report in Class. Students were given directions and discussed options in class in order to successfully execute their reports. They will need to work at home as well in order to best prepare their report. The students are excited and we are all looking forward to the sharing experience. Hopefully each student will find a few new titles they want to read. For extra practice with reading skills have your child log onto IXL, I have highlighted many reading skills under Fifth Grade – Language Arts – Reading Strategies that you may find helpful to your child. I will continue to highlight skills (they have a yellow star) on IXL as I see they coincide with skills being used in the classroom.
- Science: Students have been working hard and are now putting together their final Biosphere project distinguishing the different characteristics, plants and animals that live in the many different biomes on Earth. Please be sure your child has a glue stick and colored pencils or crayons as they will be needed each day in class for their biome project. Students will be defining the layers of Earth’s atmosphere and comparing the science they have learned with the story of Creation.
Spanish Class – Please see Senora Caro-Rosado’s teacher page for updates on what is happening in Spanish class.
Week at a Glance
NO Library this week
Band Concert 12:45
Reading Log Due -4 entries
- Wednesday, December 5 – Report Cards go home
- Wednesday, December 12 – Band Concert 12:45 IHM Chapel and evening 7:00 pm
- Thursday, December 13 – Confessions 9:00 am
- Thursday, December 20 – Vocation Mass with Bishop
- Friday, December 21 – Christmas Sweater Dress Down Day, 11:00 Dismissal
- Monday: Library-every other week
- Tuesday: Gym
- Wednesday: Spanish and Art
- Thursday: Music and Health (Health-first half of the year)
- Friday: Computers
Fifth Grade Policies
- If your child is absent from school one day there is no need to send in for homework. If your child misses school for two or more days, please feel free to call in for homework. Please call in before eleven o’clock to allow us time to gather materials needed for your child.
Religion: Christ Our Life
Spelling: Spelling City
Scholastic’s Study Jams! (covers Math and Science)
All subjects: https://www.ixl.com/
*More parent information can be found online at www.stjaneschool.com/parents/