WELCOME TO MRS. KELTON’S 1A CLASS PAGE!
Wishing you all a very happy and safe summer:)
Scholastic Online Ordering Code: GTNWX Click here to order.
No more orders for this year:)
- Please make sure your child has 3-4 sharpened pencils with erasers each day for school. We waste so much time in class sharpening pencils!
- Take home folders should be checked and emptied every night!!! Also, please check your child’s pencil case. If it is sent home that means the pencils need to be replaced or sharpened!
- REMINDER: Library Books are due on Tuesdays:)
- Please remember to write a note (on a separate piece of paper) if your child is going home differently than his/her normal way.
- Communication folders are updated weekly on the website under the Parent’s tab. Please check it for important information.
- If your child is absent from school please call the school office that morning and send in a written excuse note to me when your child returns to school.
- Spelling Pretests are on Thursday. If your child gets a 100% on his/her pretest, I will put a star over the word “Study” in their homework copybook, and he/she will be exempt from the test on Friday. There are also 2 words and a sentence from previous lessons added to the test.
- If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to write a note in your child’s homework copybook or email me and I will get back to you as soon as I can:)
What Are We Learning?
Religion: Remember to pray each day and attend Mass each week. Let your light shine by your kind words and good deeds this summer!
Math: Please continue to practice memorization of math facts to 12. Use flash cards!!! You can make them or buy them anywhere. There are also many apps and websites to use that encourage memorization of facts!!
Reading/Language Arts: READ! READ! READ! The world opens up with every book you read! Also, continue to write about your summer adventures in your journal. Come and visit me when you’re in 2nd grade and show me what you wrote!
OUR SPECIALS SCHEDULE:
Tuesday: Spanish and Computers
Health (2nd half of year)